Filter by COR
- Databases & Modelling
- Human Toxicity
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Management & Control
- descriptionEPA's risk management decision for conventional (agricultural) uses of copper pesticides.
- descriptionUSNRC, 2011, Developing an Emergency Risk Communication (ERC)/Joint Information Center (JIC) Plan for a Radiological EmergencyThis document provides best practices for nuclear power plant licensees and emergency response organizations on developing an Emergency Risk Communication (ERC) and Joint Information Center (JIC) plan for a radiological emergency. The purpose of an ERC/JIC plan is to ensure the delivery of understandable, timely, accurate, consistent, and credible information to the public, the media, and other stakeholders during a radiological emergency. This document contains example materials for use or adaptation by licensees and emergency response organizations.
- descriptionUSNRC, 2011, Guidance on Developing Effective Radiological Risk Communication Messages: Effective Message Mapping and Risk Communication with the Public in Nuclear Plant Emergency Planning ZonesThis document provides guidance for nuclear power plant licensees and local response organizations on message development for radiological emergencies. Message development skills are critical to successful radiological risk communication to the public, the media, and other stakeholders. Message development skills are particularly critical to successful emergency communications with those living in close proximity to a nuclear power plant. This document contains principles, strategies, and tools for producing messages before, during, and after a radiological emergency that are understandable, timely, accurate, consistent, and credible. The document contains nearly 400 questions the public and media may ask during a radiological emergency.
- descriptionNowack et al., 2014, How to consider engineered nanomaterials in major accident regulations?, Environmental Sciences Europe, 26:2
- descriptionSteinkrauss et al., 2010, Fire and explosion properties of synthetic nanomaterials. Initial investigations for major accident prevention. Environmental studies no. 1011. Federal Office for the Environment, Basel, CH
- descriptionGrosso et al, 2010, Nanomaterial safety in a research environment, Particle and Fibre Toxicology 7:40